B’more for Healthy Babies has working groups on specific health topics related to improving birth outcomes in Baltimore City. You can read more about our initiatives here.
- B’more Fit for Healthy Babies Task Force, to help postpartum women reach a healthy weight.
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiative (TPPI) Task Force, to reduce unintended pregnancies among teens.
- Youth Advisory Council, to ensure a youth lens for BHB and allow for their creative voices to be heard through photo-voice and other activities.
- Early Entry into Prenatal Care Task Force, to ensure that all women receive early and adequate prenatal care through linkages with hospital emergency departments.
- Literacy Task Force, to improve school readiness in children and health literacy among adults.
- Preventing Substance-Exposed Pregnancy Collaborative, to help women reduce risky behaviors before and during pregnancy.
- Housing Task Force, to promote better housing for pregnant women and moms.