The BHB Initiative at Upton/Druid Heights helps women connect with resources and support – help getting prenatal care, adequate housing, substance abuse treatment, mental health counseling, or protection from domestic violence,
The Upton/Druid Heights BHB program has many community events and programs:
- Baby Basics Moms Clubs for pregnant women and postpartum women. Click here for a schedule of Baby Basics Moms Clubs in Baltimore City.
- B'more Fit for Healthy Babies, a fitness/nutrition program for postpartum moms. Click here to find out more.
- Annual events for girls and boys in elementary schools to help build self-esteem.
- Moms Night Out for women with young children who need a break.
- Community-wide health events and forums to raise awareness, such as Barber Day held each spring to educate young dads about parenting and safe sleep.
- Breastfeeding support group led by a certified lactation counselor. View the flyer for more details.
For more information about the BHB Initiative in Upton/Druid Heights, click here.